Making the most of your Facebook business page
Having a Facebook page is a great opportunity for a business of any size to connect with customers and potential customers on a personal level. Make the most of this platform by promoting your business using Social Media Marketing and start a conversation directly with your target audience.
Extend the reach of your business and boost your sales by regularly updating and managing your Facebook page effectively:
- Get valuable feedback from loyal, local customers
- Widen your marketing reach by telling people who you are and what you do
- Get your business name known and recognised
- Increase your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) results and move up the listings on Google and other Search Engines.
Build up your fan base
Once fans ‘like’ your business page, your updates (posts) will appear in their news feed. When someone likes your page, it is also seen by their Facebook friends, illustrating their personal recommendation and ‘spreading the word’ about your business. This is particularly valuable as more consumers trust recommendations than advertising.
You can reach and encourage your community to like you in lots of different ways:
- Add a ‘Like Box’ social plugin on your Website
- Include a ‘Find us on Facebook’ link on your email signatures and business stationery
- Request your personal Facebook friends to like your business page
- Ask employees to like your page and endorse your company
What to post on your page
There are lots of ways to interact with your customers and encourage them to share and like your posts (and thereby increase your marketing reach.)
- Product and service related messages could include:
- Exclusive company updates
- Fan related offers and discounts
- Examples of your work
- Press articles
- Photos and Videos
- Behind-the-scenes ‘secrets’, tips and tricks
Persuade fans to give you valuable feedback and to keep coming back to your page and Website by:
- Running competitions
- Giving free samples or online discount vouchers
- Re-posting and praising customers’ positive comments
- Most important of all – responding to negative comments quickly, personally and honestly. This is the key to developing customer loyalty and business integrity.
To summarise, if you don’t have a Facebook page for your business, then you’re missing out on a free marketing resource. Social Media Marketing is important because it’s the fastest way to spread the word about a new service, product or news story. People are spending an increasing amount of time on Social Media so if you want more customers, it’s a good place to connect with them.
If you would like to discuss how you could make the most of Social Media Marketing for your business, get in touch with us – we would love to help you grow your business.